Jillian
I got a free tshirt which says that, see:-

(Jess saw the happy Network people walking around in these and she asked if we could have it, we could!) - and yes, there is a happy Network; happy IS spelled without a capital 'H'.

It's really adorable isn't it? Since I got a free tshirt, it will be no harm to do some advertising for them. Not likely that they would thank me, but anyhoo...it doesn't matter. Because I got a free tshirt!

Okay, enough of all the silly-ness. Let's get down to business.

You know what really irks me? Inefficient service. It's ok if it's unsufficient service. Maybe the organization does not have enough resources to give us customers the amount of service that we need, but inefficient? That's just plain unacceptable. See what happened here when I called up a local bank, just to do a plain, simple transaction.

Here's the scenario, I paid up my monthly dues but I still received a late notice from the bank, so I called the hotline given just to inquire about the actual status.

After like the tenth ring, someone answered the phone which was probably ringing off the hook.

Operator: Hello P***** Bank (note that there was no "May I help you?")

Jill: Yes hi, I have a situation here and I'm not sure who I should refer to, it's regarding my car loan. See I...

Operator cuts me off. Operator: Hold on

I was a bit annoyed that I wasn't given the chance to finish my sentence, but I held the line anyway.

I held the line for 2-3 minutes.

Still holding after 5 minutes. I decided to hang up and call again.

Operator: Hello, P***** Bank (again, note that there was no "May I help you?" and it was the same girl)

Jill: Hi, it's me again, I just wanted to check if my car loan has gone through, I was holding for...

Operator happily cuts me off AGAIN and I was left to wait for another 2-3 minutes or so. With the same, monotonous hold tune. Or whatever the heck you call it. The same tune which keeps playing round and round. I hung up, again.

My anger was slowly simmering below the surface. So I callem them yet again. This time I did not want to speak to the car loan department anymore.

Operator (it's a different voice this time): Hello, P***** Bank.

Jill: May I speak with your manager?

Operator: Uh. manager? What is this regarding?

Jill: Look, actually I have been put on hold for the past 15 minutes. I just want to check my account. I would like to speak to your manager please.

Operator: Our bank manager is not in at the moment.

Jill: Ok, then I would like to speak to your supervisor. Or someone who is in charge.

Operator: Ok, can you hold on a minute

I could then hear some unintelligible chitter-chatter in the background. They're obviously discussing whether they should put me through.

Operator: Maam, our supervisor is also not here at the moment.

I was slowly beginning to lose my temper. Jill: OMG, I JUST WANT TO CHECK MY ACCOUNT, IS THERE ANYONE THERE WHO CAN HELP ME? WHY IS THERE NO ONE IN THE OFFICE AT 4PM??!!

Then you will never, NEVER guess what happened next. I was transferred. Yes, I was transferred, WITHOUT my permission, transferred to god knows which line. So I thought, FINE! I will wait and see where these morons are transferring me this time. So I hold for 2 minutes, then 3, then 4...during the holding period which my call bounced back to the operator because obviously no one was picking it up. The operator DID NOT pick up the call, I can hear myself being transferred again and again to that same ringing line. This happened for maybe 4-5 times, can you believe I was still holding the line? No, I can't believe it either.

On the 5th minute I hung up.

I was so angry that I called their customer service hotline in another state to complain. I had to call our National Directory to obtain the number, but I didn't care. It's worth it. Their customer service was good (no, I refuse to say they're excellent) and after explaining my situation, the officer assured me that someone will look into the problem immediately and she will get someone to call me back. I can't remember when was the last time I was so angry.

They did call back after 30 minutes or so and the person who called from the bank branch was apologetic (but they probably b*tched about what an annoying lady I was) and they even had a pretty good excuse on why there was no one picking up telephone calls at 4pm in the afternoon.

Bottomline is, I hate this stupid bank and if I didn't HAVE to, I would never have used their service. Note that this is not the first time I've had trouble with them. In fact, I've written about them before in my previous blog.

I would love to hear YOUR stories/feedbacks about YOUR own experience with annoying service like that.
Tags | edit post
Rate This Entry 
1 Response
  1. Charissa Says:

    I will definately say that bank sucks.. Get your loan settle fast! You wouldn't wanna vent your anger at such a lousy bank! But definately for investment, you may wanna consider it.
    ** advise : future car loans, get AM bank.. they r not bad....


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
The Blog You Care About by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.