Jillian
It's 3am.
It's that time again.
The ungodly hour when I can't seem to fall asleep. Instead, I write.

All work and no play makes Jill a dull laydee. We never want that to happen. No.

That justifies my past few weeks of numerous trips and outings.

Our trip to Genting Highlands finally kicked off. The trip started being very promising. In fact, I scribbled on my pda screen, "Brilliant night sky. It's the brightest I've seen. I wish you were here".

30 minutes later...

"Bus ride is very bumpy - Could see it swaying from side to side violently - Think happy thoughts - Elderly lady at the back looks incredibly nervous - Elderly lady sits up straight and looks as if she would hit bus driver with her purse"
It was said to be a 5-hour journey, but 4 and a half hours later, we were up in the mountains. As the bus slowed down, I peeked out the window. From thousands of feet above sea level, I saw the city below being covered with a blanket of mist. Again I thought of you and felt my lips quiver. I bit down hard and thought it's the most beautiful sight I've ever seen.

That was about as promising as it got. Let's just say the rest of this entry will have a different rhythm.

Oh, we took the evening bus, so naturally, we got there at approximately 4am. Check-in time was not until 2pm. There was a 10-hour gap. No problemo. We sat and drank hot chocolate, gossiping and discuss world issues. Fine, I made the last one up.

Anyway we were probably the first few ones walking around the theme park. It was 8am.

(click on picture to enlarge)

I must mention that early December is when the school holidays begin and people all over the nation are clearing their annual vacation entitlements. However, nothing prepared me for this;

(click on picture to enlarge)

I guess it's only fair that I mention everything started to get better from then on. We did nothing but hang around, talking about nothing in particular, laughing and smoke cigarettes. I'm not ashamed to admit that. It's nice to smoke in the cold.

I'm trying to find the silver lining despite all of this. But I still dont see it. I don't.
Tags , | edit post
Rate This Entry 
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
The Blog You Care About by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.