Jillian
I don't know what brought this on but suddenly my mind drifts back to the time spent in Bali during the summer of 2008.

(Strolling along Monkey Forest Road, Ubud)

I reminisce about that afternoon walking along Monkey Forest Road in Ubud, Bali with Eric; a quaint street boasting maybe a hundred little shops displaying their merchandise for sale. They have everything from handmade wooden crockery to accessories made from seashells or wood to sarongs of every color imaginable. We wandered into a few shops selling paintings of every kind and I felt enveloped by the beauty and culture that was Bali.

The street was virtually empty that particular day as most of the villagers and tourists flocked down to the temple in the main square to witness the preparation for a royal cremation ceremony that was to take place the following day.

I had a fresh flower in my hair and it was unequivocally romantic - although the flower must've fallen off before this picture was taken.

There was a sense of calmness that I felt which made me giddy with love and admiration for the place; and of course it didn't help that I was madly in love with the man I was traveling with.

I think Bali is simply magical - and I know Eric could not agree more.
Tags , , | edit post
Rate This Entry 
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
The Blog You Care About by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.