Jillian R.
I had to struggle real hard in order to finish the first part of this entry. Why? Because when in a coffee shop surrounded by extremely loud customers, one could barely hear one's own thoughts.

Firstly, everyone was
talking literally screaming at the top of their lungs in order to be heard in their conversations, and right beside me (I was sitting next to a hedge); on the other side of the hedge, two men happened to be arguing - also yelling as loud as their voices could go. At times like these, I could not be more thankful that I couldn't understand a single word uttered (Korean).

Oh and secondly, everybody seemed to be dragging their chairs on the wooden floor -
scrape...scrape...scrape...

So, after Eric finished grading his papers, we (
thankfully) left. The day was young and I took it upon myself to observe anything around me which I thought would be "blog-worthy". It didn't take long before I found my first subject.

It was almost time for an early dinner so we ate at "Casual Food Restaurant".



I mean, I couldn't be wrong about the type of food being served, after all, that's the name of the restaurant! So we sat down and looked at the menu, which was of course, in Korean, not a word of English. So it took me 10 minutes to read the menu to Eric who knew what they meant and we ordered.
(
Note: I can read Korean, not e
specially fast, but I can't understand any of it, kinda like being able to read French, and not know what I'm reading)

We ordered a
se-pa-get-ti set-uh.



Everything looked seemingly normal - only it wasn't!
1. There were corn nibblets for garnish. Just like you sometimes find them on pizza here, they also appear on pasta, obviously.
2. Eric said; "Try the macaroni salad" which I did. I took a bite and it was SWEET. No, I don't know why they put sugar in macaroni salad. There's no explanation. Maybe it's supposed to be dessert.
3. I saw the bit of green there and for one second thought they were parsley; I was wrong
(Note: Parsley is rare here. So are spinach, green/French beans and other non-weed-like vegetables. When I leave Korea I am never going to take my greens for granted ever again)


(Some very spiky bags)


Strolling along downtown is always fun. This may be the strangest design I've seen on backpacks. Durian anyone?



The clouds looked like someone stirred it a bit too long and they curdled =)




This appears to be a knock-off of Baby Phat. Since Koreans generally pronounce their V's as B's (Exp: "Vanilla" = "Banilla"), I guess they even spell it right!


This was our Cold Stone Creamery's Earl Grey flavored cone half-a-cone. An extremely yummy treat which must be sinful!

Till next time - another day, another adventure!
Tags | edit post
Rate This Entry 
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
The Blog You Care About by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.