Jillian R.
Today I'm just going to write a quick update of what's happening.


So Eric has gone out of town for a few days. It didn't feel like it at first, but on the morning of his departure, I started to have this weird feeling which I couldn't identify starting from the pit of my stomach. As the hours quickly flew by, I realized that this is the first time in a year since moving to Korea that I'll actually be entirely alone in our apartment. It's amazing how fast one gets used to the different stages in life. My entire life, I've not had a problem sleeping by myself. I've never officially moved in with a boyfriend even; but last night was admittedly...rough. I tossed and turned until I heard the garbage truck (4am), and eventually fell into light sleep. I must've woken up a few times after that at the whirring sound of our very loud wall clock.

Yeah, like I said, it was rough.


Anyway, on a lighter note, let's see some photos of the week!


I've said before (or haven't I?) that there are maybe five female hairstyles in Korea every year according to age. Now I have proof! This is the current hairstyle for school girls from elementary up to middle school/high school.


(Back view)


(Front view)

I guess it's convenient that way, they could just go to a salon and ask for "school" style. Anyone who is not a lemming and does not follow the hair-code would probably be ridiculed in school.

If you owned a fancy car like this one, would you park it as such?


(Half a tire was dangling off the curb and merely an inch away from the electric pillar)

Koreans may be a little strange in their ways sometimes, but there's nothing wrong with a whole street lined with Korean beauty supply chain stores!



It's almost impossible to find good Mexican food here in Daegu - and I LOVE good Mexican food!

Fortunately there's this place right in the heart of downtown.


(Tacoholic Tex-Mex Restaurant)


We got there at about 5pm, so the place was empty because it's not the "official" dinner time for the locals. Yes, in case you were wondering, Koreans have specific meal times - according to my observation. Lunch time; between 12-1pm and Dinner time; 7-8pm. Any other time one wanders into a restaurant, it would be empty.
(I can't be sure about breakfast because western breakfast cafes are non-existent as far as we know, therefore we always eat at home)



The decor of the place was very basic, almost shanty-like. I guess to mirror the local street eateries in Mexico?



And this is something which I will definitely miss if we moved out of Korea; smoking areas in restaurants still exists!

I had no complaints about the food. However, the menu could use some improvement. The prices of all the dishes were blacked out with markers and no where around the restaurant were they published. So after we chose a few dishes and asked about the prices, the waiter had trouble saying the prices in English. Our waiter continued to stutter the numbers in English although Eric told him that he understood the Korean numbers. So ordering took a while. Also, most of the items on the menu were unavailable and like most restaurants in Korea, once a dish becomes "unavailable", it will never be served again. I was really looking forward to having a chimichanga.

That's all the updates for this entry. Next time, I'll be blogging about this quite peculiar thrift store which we stumbled upon.

Till next time!
Tags | edit post
Rate This Entry 
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
The Blog You Care About by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.