Jillian R.
This entry does not have anything to do with my vacation - or anything, really.


I just thought I'd do a quick entry so that everyone can see that I'm still here alive. We are leaving New York for Muscat (unfortunately) this coming Wednesday. Anyway, the Borders bookstore in the Galleria Mall (Middletown, NY) is closing and they're offering "rock-bottom" prices on all their books and fixings; everything in the store "must go"! So we spent about 3 hours grabbing cookbooks, photography and pet training guides and a few other interesting reads, some costing as low as $1.99. Yeah I know, amazing but sad all at the same time, right? People just don't read enough anymore.


So I was working out which book(s) to bring in my carry-on as reading material for the plane. I don't know about you, but I'm the kind of person who tries to avoid being judged by others if I were to read in public. For example, I would never read a book entitled "How to Become a Millionaire in 10 Simple Steps" if I was sitting all cramped up in Economy or "10 Fabulous Hairstyles for the Travelling Girl" while I was sitting there with limp, oily hair. You know what I mean?


The truth is, as human beings, we like love to judge. Let's face it, the world is harsh; what crosses your mind when you see an overweight person eating a very big ice-cream cone, or a homeless person laying on the sidewalk (instead of looking for a job)? My sister brought up the subject once and I've worried about being judged ever since.


Oh right, there IS a reason for my blabbering; I was contemplating reading "The 17 Day Diet" by Dr Mike Moreno on the plane, but then again, I can't really bring myself to do it because it can only go two ways, people will either think; a) it's quite obvious that she's not following any of those tips, or b) SHE thinks SHE'S fat? See, I don't really quite know if 10 pounds overweight is really being overweight.


All things considered, I think I shall be reading "Dog Training for Dummies", can't go wrong with that.


So tell me, what would YOU like/want to be seen reading in public? Enter your comments below.
Tags , , | edit post
Rate This Entry 
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Read a cozy novel. No one can find fault with that. Whatever you do, don't comment on anyone's book if it might be a religious book, because they will GIVE IT TO YOU, along with several words of wisdom. They are not really reading it, they are looking for someone to convert! :)
    Have to choose anonymous to post. This is Virginia Finger, not anonymous!


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
The Blog You Care About by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.