Jillian R.
It's only two days till we leave for vacation! Destination; the beautiful island of Georgetown, Penang (Malaysia) or rather; my home.

Before we go on vacation, I always take it upon myself to use up the food in the refrigerator - leftovers need to be eaten,  and everything that would spoil within the duration of our absence need to be thrown out or well... eaten!

Today, out of the things in the refrigerator, I made this;

(Eric's Special Pesto and Cheddar Stuffed Chicken with white sauce)

How I Made It:
(Recipe Serves 2)
2 chicken breasts
1-2 tbsp store bought or homemade pesto
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
2-3 tbsp all-purpose flour (for coating chicken)
Olive oil for pan frying chicken

For the sauce (optional):
1/4 cup butter
Italian Seasoning
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk

1. Butterfly the chicken breasts and lay a sheet of plastic wrap over each half. Pound to about 1/4 inch thick with a mallet. I don't have a mallet so I used my wooden rolling pin. Works just as well - I think.

2. Spread a thin layer of pesto over the chicken. Followed by some shredded cheese. Then, starting from the wider side of the breast half, roll them up carefully. Coat each chicken roll in  flour.

3. Heat olive oil in a skillet (I wouldn't use a non-stick pan for this because I found that in previous attempts, the pan does not get hot enough therefore under-cooking will occur). Pan fry each chicken until meat is no longer pink. Lay out on paper towels to absorb access oil.

4. Meanwhile, for the sauce, melt butter in a saucepan, stir in Italian seasoning. Once butter is melted and seasoning releases its aroma, whisk in flour, making sure the lumps are smoothed out. Once you have a smooth mixture, whisk in the milk. Keep whisking until thicken (or until sauce coats the back of a spoon). Season well with salt and pepper.

5. Lay out chicken rolls on dinner plates and spoon white sauce over them.

This would probably count as my first time writing out a recipe which I had just thrown together in the kitchen. Hope this works out for you.

Happy cooking!
Tags , | edit post
Rate This Entry 
1 Response
  1. Yummy, I am craving to have it. Thank you for sharing the recipe, will try to make it at home and hope that it will be as delicious as it looks.


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
The Blog You Care About by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.