Jillian R.
It's said that you learn something new every day.


In my case, I'm still learning new things about living in Oman - a year after leaving Muscat.


I bought a new set of ink cartridges today (black and color); why is this relevant to anything I'm about to say? Well, you see, early last year (2011), my printer ran out of ink and so like any normal person, I went to the supermarket and bought a set. Little did I know that I would go to through a year of frustration wondering if my printer is busted.


(My printer had moved with me from Malaysia to Korea, then to Oman. I've since developed sentimental feelings towards the trusty ol' thing)


Anyway, I remember not printing anything the first few days of installing the new cartridges. However when I did print something, I realized that the colors looked weird. One of the colors were missing (of stuck, I thought) so everything I printed had a reddish hue to it. I tried the standard few things that come to mind; shaking the cartridge, wiping it with a damp cloth, etc but nothing worked. I then decided that perhaps we don't need to print things which are yellow or any variations of yellow.


I also did not buy another color cartridge because I thought maybe the move to Oman did the printer in.


So as you may have guessed by now, the new color cartridge works fine. The older one didn't work because Oman is so hot that even ink cartridges do not survive. 


Now, in the middle of the hot season, I walk on the burning sidewalks outside thinking "this is nothing compared to Oman" and I feel all joyful inside.


I am going to have a lot of fun printing yellow things for the rest of the evening.



Tags , | edit post
Rate This Entry 
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
The Blog You Care About by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.