Jillian R.
I find that on the days that I have classes (they're in the late afternoon) I turn into this super productive worker bee! Maybe it's due to the fact that I know I don't have all day to laze around.

What I've done this morning:

Got up at 6am, lazed around a bit - had my morning coffee, cooked some delicious sweet and sour sauce which I poured over fried eggs; the baby had a craving I suppose, and took my doggies out for a short 20-minute walk. Summer is in full force here in Abu Dhabi and as early as 7.15am the humidity kicks in and it turns everyone (exposed to it) into a lethargic zombie when we come back in. Although my zombie-fied dogs wouldn't be shuffling around the apartment (unlike their mommy and daddy), they lay listless on the cold tiles with tongues hanging out and that makes me feel extremely guilty.

So, everyone got back safely in the cool apartment and I started making a batch of doggie biscuits;


which only uses healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour, rolled oats, flax seed and parsley. Sometimes I throw in some wheat germ but the doggies have been doing their #2's right on schedule so they don't need it this time.

At the same time, I made a batch of doggie treats as well so that I can throw those in the oven - saves energy! All the dog treats in our house always happen to run out at the same time.


While those were baking, I made some sausages in onion gravy and threw those in the crockpot so everyone gets fed for dinner. Like I said before, even on the busiest of days I'd rather spend some time in the morning (or the night before) making something which I could throw into the crockpot so that we don't have to order take out. Fast food had long been banned from our systems and good quality food are either really hard to come by or they charge SOOO much for a plate of badly cooked pasta that I'd rather make it myself. Living here, I find that for decent food, one has to go to hotels or restaurants on a higher end of the scale.

Anyway, by the end of all of that, it was only 9am!

And I even had time to write this quick entry. Go, worker bee! Now it's time to do work on some assignments while still in bee mode!
Tags , | edit post
Rate This Entry 
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
The Blog You Care About by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.