Jillian R.
After such a long hiatus, I know it's a little weird that my comeback is about cheese crackers!

Well the story is, Scarlett is 15 months now (I know, she was just an itsy bitsy baby when I last posted!) and we have recently started joining play groups in our community. At the last one, I saw the kids snacking on some Goldfish crackers. It's been a long time since I've had any of these so I too, ate some. They were yummy of course, but they were really high in sodium AND coated with salt. 

Of course, Scarlett wanted some too and hence, I was the gross, weird mom sucking off all the salt before giving her some. I know at some point she will need to eat like a normal person but she is barely 2 and I don't want her to get used to eating food that contain too much sodium. 

So today, I made some cheddar crackers without all the added salt. These are just as tasty if not tastier.


Ingredients:
1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Wholewheat Flour
1 tsp Italian Seasoning  + a pinch Oregano
6 tbsp cold, unsalted Butter

Whole Milk

Preheat oven to 180 C.

Pulse everything except the milk in a food processor until it comes together. Add milk to moisten the dough enough to shape. I'd say about 2-3 tbsp (I just poured without measuring).

Pour dough onto a floured surface and roll unto 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes. Bake for about 10 mins or until golden brown. Enjoy!

Be careful not to eat too many of these yourself, leave some for the baby!
Tags , , | edit post
Rate This Entry 
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
The Blog You Care About by Jillian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.